Monday, June 18, 2012

Moon Rabbit


I think this belongs here. =)
Thanks to my friend Shelby, she knows about my Bunny blog and had to get me something from Japan related to BunnyBe. The rice paper painting paired with the wooden usagi coaster comes with a folklore about the Moon Rabbit. Thanks a bunch Shelby! <3

p.s. If you look close enough, those are the raw sketches from my recent comic. I doodled them while I was at work since that's how I was feeling at the moment. Hahaha!

From the wiki:
The Moon rabbit in folklore is a rabbit that lives on the moon, based on pareidolia that identifies the markings of the moon as a rabbit. The story exists in many cultures, particularly in Aztec mythology and East Asian folklore, where it is seen pounding in a mortar and pestle.[1][2] In Chinese folklore, it is often portrayed as a companion of the moon goddess Chang'e, constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions it is just pounding the ingredients for rice cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment